I'm ejiek [ˈəlek] and this is my tiny corner of the internet.
- Improving software/hardware development workflows
- Sharing ❤️️ for documentation and collaboration in general
- In love with Rust
- “Automate myself out” is the way
- Absolutely love tinkering with software and hardware
- Daily drives Archlinux btw (PinePhone helps to do it on a phone scale)
Some cultural stuff we might have in common:
- Books: Discworld, Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
- Series: Black Mirror, Rick and Morty, The Boys
- Music: Water 4 The Soul by Gramatik, Disturbed
- Games: The Neverhood, Firewatch, Zelda: BOTW, Cyberpunk 2077
- Sports: Biking, Paragliding, Snowboarding, Climbing, Sailing, Scuba diving
- Food: Khachapuri
- Free and open-source software
- Open-source hardware
Relatively long ago while playing Lineage 2 c4 I've come up with a nickname is EJIEKTPOBEHUK (imitation of Russian ЕЛЕКТРОВЕНИК [ˈəlektro.ˈvʲenʲɪk], where ЕЛЕКТРО means electric, ВЕНИК - type of broom). Somewhat normal transcription is electrovenik.
Venik is made of many thin branches. This makes it look vulnerable coz it's easy to break a thin branch. It's a rather common example of misjudgment. Even though a branch alone is weak, venik consists of several dozens of them. Which makes venik very tough.
Idea was that I'm rather agile, energetic and seen some stuff in the dark corners of the surroundings. Venik's toughness represents persistence in achieving far from low hanging goals.